Careers > Apply
Position: Web Developer - Team Lead
Responsible for supervising a team of application developers to deliver systems of a complex technical nature to resolve business problems and opportunities. Provides technical application strategy and leadership in one or more areas. Responsible for designing and solving complex technical issues related to the resolution of business problems and opportunities. Designs, develops, implements, and maintains major and/or mission critical applications. Evaluates, recommends, and implements new technology. Provides technical expertise and acts as a technical resource and mentor for the application development team. Accepts individual/ team responsibilities and meets commitments. Creative in delivering value to application solutions and customer/user requests
Must have expertise in developing and maintaining large scale C web applications. The candidate must have great communication skills and be team oriented.
- Expertise in managing a team of developers to work on analysis, design and development of complex programs.
- Provides leadership for design and development considerations, guidance, and knowledge.
- Designs, develops, maintains, and modifies application programs of high degree of complexity and scope. May include problem analysis and systems design prior to development of programs.
- Create and/or evaluate estimates.
- Develops and maintains project work plan for own projects. Excellent in managing task queue and prioritization.
- Produce status reports on a periodic basis based on the teams’ contributions.
- Conduct code reviews of deliverables developed by team, as well as participate in associated code reviews involving other collaborative teams globally.
- Ensures quality standards are adhered. Reviews test results of deliverables
- Write detailed program/technical specifications.
- Applies understanding and expertise in cross-platform connectivity to work assignments.
- Independently researches and solves problems that are vague and unidentified with little or no relationship to available data.
- Keeps up-to-date on trends and developments in the marketplace and relevant technology and application areas.
- Participate in execution and support of project release activities.
- Take’s ownership of incidents occurred in release and brings them to closure.
- Creative in delivering value and carefully researched alternatives and system solutions to address customer/user requests.
- Actively looks for opportunities to positively impact existing processes, methods, services, or products.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Science and Math or related discipline with an IT emphasis is required.
- 10+ years of experience desired in progressive roles of Systems Analyst, Sr. Systems Analyst, Applications Software Engineer and Sr. Applications Software Engineer in major projects and systems development required. Minimum 4 years of experience supervising small to medium teams is necessary.
- Must have experience working in high visibility transactional applications and understand process rigor behind mission critical product delivery.
- Strong knowledge of Software Application Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (such as Agile or Waterfall) and related processes such as defect tracking, automated build, requirements management, version control, continuous integration and code development best practices.
- Knowledge of current web technologies and application development trends.
- Expertise in C programming language
- Cobol experience desired.
- Must have expertise in developing and maintaining large scale applications
- Must have great communication skills and be team oriented.
- Expertise with unit testing frameworks;
- Expertise with version control systems
- Experience with databases, schema design (Oracle, SQL), and SQL query structures;
- Strong written and oral communications;
- Time management of self and others;
- Microsoft Office suite of products in a Windows environment.
Other aspects of the job that are relevant:
- Ability to travel, including overseas travel, possibly on short notice;
- Flex between night/day shift on a regular basis.
- Must be creative in delivering value through application solutions and to address customer/user requests.