Careers > Apply
Position: Network Administrator
The Network Administrator is responsible for the deployment, security, operations, administration and support of all technical platforms within the company's network. This position exists to ensure company’s technology needs are met for not only ongoing operations, but for future planned growth.
The Network Administrator will determine and manage the long-term information technology requirements of the Company based on an overall strategy for IT management and system integration. This leader will interact with internal customers and IT service providers to build strong partnerships, ensure continuous improvement in customer services and improve the overall support of a client-centric model.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Maintain network elements including, but not limited to Permission, Cabling Infrastructure, Servers, Workstations, SAN/NAS Storage, Phones and Phone Systems, Routing and Switching environment, Operating Systems of Virtualization Platform, Servers and Workstations, General Hardware and Software, Business Applications, Backup Methodology, and any other items pertaining to the functioning of the LAN/WAN to support business systems.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place for all corporate systems
- Possesses deep knowledge of network infrastructure, LAN/WAN management, and Desktop Support in order to ensure the environment is operating efficiently.
- Possesses creativity in troubleshooting high-level issues.
- Ensure helpdesk, user support services and end-user training provide productive environment for employees
- Ensure prompt issue resolution and communicate effectively with all departments through the management/communication channels of the IT department
- Work effectively with vendors and contractors to deploy and maintain network infrastructure
- Achieve proficiency with existing technologies, including numerous proprietary tools
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or experience:
The successful candidate will be a proven technology leader with a track record within a large-scale information technology organization.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience successfully managing IT projects with extensive experience gained in a range of environments and disciplines
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience building collaborative relationships to define and achieve organizational objectives, leading to the efficient and cost-effective usage of resources and optimal delivery of services
- Experience working with all levels of an organization, including senior management
- Leadership role on full life cycle IT project implementations
- Experience estimating projects (beyond creating and managing plans)
- An ability to work well under pressure and deliver practical results in a fast-paced, operations-driven environment
- Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware to ensure that new developments are incorporated in future systems of the Company
- Possesses demonstrated experience building and managing programs to create and sustain a technology environment that supports the company’s growth and business objectives
- Project Management Tools - methodologies & software
Computer Application Skills:
Working knowledge required in:
- Windows 2003-2012 Server Environments; VMWare ESX Server; TCP/IP Subnets; Hubs, Switches, Routers, (Cisco Environment); Hardware Firewall Protocol; Asterisk; VoIP PBX systems; Network Security;
- Microsoft Office 365; Microsoft SharePoint; Active Directory; Database Software (Access/SQL); Microsoft Azure; Internet Software; Microsoft Excel; Design Software; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Working knowledge preferred in:
- Microsoft Project; Human Resource Systems; Inventory Software; Order Processing Systems; Microsoft Lync Enterprise Server
- Cisco Meraki
Other skills and abilities:
- Knowledge in data storage architecture and virtualization.
- Must be willing to earn and/or maintain advanced certifications in the areas that apply to job function, such as Microsoft, Cisco, or Hardware-based expertise, including, but not limited to Storage, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.
- Completion of at least one Microsoft Certification (MCP, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP)
- Preferred Completion of at least one Cisco Certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)