Careers > Apply
Position: Applications Developer (C/Pro*C)
- Develops and writes new/existing programs with a simple to moderate degree of complexity utilizing departmental systems development methodology, standard procedures, and techniques.
- Creates application codes with consideration to efficiency and ease of maintenance.
- Prepares technical components; which include program comparisons, detailed test results, user/technical/operational documentation, rerun/restart procedures, and other pertinent information; for review and production implementation.
- Analyzes and resolves technical issues, which may include development of solutions for application programs within primary application knowledge.
- Performs efficient and effective analysis and complete task level activities, which may include development of recommendations, process design changes, system specifications.
- Executes the Systems Development Methodology (SDM) for projects.
- Utilizes all development tools in primary application and/or platform.
- Demonstrates increasing skill of coding/development across multiple platforms/applications.
- Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
- Programming Skills: C, Pro*C, Microfocus COBOL
- Database Skills: PL/SQL, SQL
- Scripting Language: Unix Shell Scripting - sh/bash
- At least minimum of 1-2 years of experience in application development, application maintenance or support.
- Well-experienced in C, Pro*c and able to conduct programming, tuning, debugging or testing work independently.
- Supply Chain Domain experience would be added advantage.
- Additional Skills Candidate should posses
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid foundation and hands on in software development in C.
- Work allocation and monitoring.
- Proficiency in primary language, application, and platform
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- A creative approach to problem-solving
- Good teamwork skills.
- Good project management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for quality of deliverable.
Notes on Position:
- Candidate should be willing to work in Taguig area.
- Candidate should be willing to work on mid-shift schedule (11AM to 8PM).
- Project involves Migration of legacy systems into C on Linux.