Careers > Apply
Position: Application Developer
The Applications Developer designs, builds, tests, implements, and supports applications that are required by the organization. The AD must be able to translate business needs into a working desktop or web-based application. He/she provides also provides basic support needed to troubleshoot common issues.
The primary role of the Applications Developer is to provide the necessary tools for the organization to better analyze data and automate repetitive processes. This may be in the form of a desktop application, web application, or scripts.
As part of the Organization’s Technical Team, the AD should also be able to handle the necessary Basic Support requirements.
- Analyzes technical issues and perform the necessary corrective procedures within the allowable time period
- Maintain system security, integrity and availability at all times
- Sends comprehensive incident and status reports on time
- Makes sure that reports are sent out in a timely manner as needed
- Makes the needed recommendations or applications in compliance with the requirements of the requesting party
- Would act as liaison to external counterparts in relation to system integration
- Must be flexible in handling deadlines and schedules and makes sure they are met
- As part of a team, must be okay with schedule swaps and extended hours to meet staffing requirements
- Must be able to build rapport and business relationships with peers
- Must be able to build rapport and business relationships with the other departments and external parties
Education: College degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area preferred but not required.
Experience: 2 years work experience preferred. Fresh graduates with relevant experience are encouraged.
Skills and Abilities
- Web-based programming using PHP+MySQL and/or asp+MS SQL
- Code analysis and debugging
- Logs analysis
- Must be focused, enthusiastic, energetic and innovative to meet demands of evolving reporting requirements
- Good analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and has keen attention to detail
- Ability to build rapport and business relationships with colleagues